A Devotion God told me to write

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Devotion #1 ~1-24-14~

Proverbs 14 2-3
2He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the Lord: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth Him. 3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride; but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.
 In our everyday life, we do not have a tendency to think about what we say or do. This especially happens with our words or thinking. We sometimes lie, we might cuss or curse, or we'll think we are better than others. But in Proverbs 14:3 it says that "in the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them." So the next time that your brother, sister, parents or friends "get on your nerves" ask God to help you guard against the words that you normally would say -or even think, and replace them with kind, gentle words.This may be hard at first but as long as we trust God to help us instead of trying to do it ourselves in our own strength we can make it.
Proverbs 14:2 says : He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the Lord: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth Him."
 This means that if we walk with our head and spirit up, we fear (or respect in awe) the Lord. In doing so, you are not only in awe of Him, but you have faith that you (with God's help) can do anything. But if you are perverse in your ways ( going against the will and desires of God for your life) you are despising Him; in a sense, scorning Him by thinking your way is better and He can't help you. But He can, and He will, as long as you ask Him and allow Him to work in your life. Just remember, the Lord said He will never leave us, nor forsake us "so that we may boldly say, The Lord is my Helper" (Hebrews 13:5b-6a). Any time that you need Him, He's there. When you are going through it, He's there, and when life is easy, He's there. He is "ALWAYS" there!!



Dear Jesus, I love you so much, and I know that You love me way more. Please help me to realize ~and remember~ not to try to handle my problems on my own, but instead to always ask for Your help. And Father, help me to think before I speak or do anything that would harm others or that is not pleasing to You... because I want to do what is right. Thank You, Jesus. ~Amen~

 "Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips."
 Psalm 141:3

0 comments: